Writer's block is a common problem for writers, and it can be frustrating when it happens.
I know, it happens to me quite frequently, but there are a few things I do to overcome it when I'm writing.
Here are my five tips that can help you too!
Take a Break from Writing and do...
If you are researching your South American ancestors, there are many archives and libraries that can be helpful resources.
- I have French ancestors and I've always found it difficult to find them in French depositories since I don't speak French.
- However, I've found quite a bit...
It's Christmas Time!
My favorite time of the year.
Do you have a family historian in the family and wondering what to get for them?
I have lots of ideas!! ...over 100 of them to be exact.
Family Historians Love to be Appreciated
There are several reasons why...
Have you ever thought about writing your family history but didn't know where to start?
You're not alone.
It's a daunting task, but also a very rewarding one!
I've written two family memoirs and seeing my family's stories in print form is the most rewarding feeling I"ve ever experienced.
Family historians often find themselves with more material than they can possibly transcribe on their own.
Am I right?
Well, I've discovered a really neat tool that can help save so much time.
It's an app called Otter.ai
Otter is a speech-to-text app that can be used to take and...
It can be tough to find time to write your family memoir.
- You may have a full-time job, young children, or other responsibilities that keep you from sitting down and writing for extended periods of time.
- And when you do have a free moment, it can be hard to get started.
- I understand.
It took me...
Have you ever wanted to add page numbers to your Microsoft Word document but didn't know how?
Page numbers can be a great way to keep track of your place in a document, especially if it's a long one.
They can also come in handy when you're trying to reference a specific section in a document.
Are you interested in writing faster?
The Pomodoro technique can help you to write your memoir faster by breaking down the writing process into manageable chunks.
- This technique was developed by Francesco Cirillo in the 1980s and has since been used by writers all over the world to increase...