How to Add Page Numbers in Microsoft Word for Family History Writers
Have you ever wanted to add page numbers to your Microsoft Word document but didn't know how?
Page numbers can be a great way to keep track of your place in a document, especially if it's a long one.
They can also come in handy when you're trying to reference a specific section in a document.
Luckily, adding page numbers to your Microsoft Word document is a pretty easy task.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to add page numbers in Microsoft Word
1. Open your Microsoft Word document.
2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the window.
3. In the "Header & Footer" section of the "Insert" tab, click on the "Page Number" button.
4. A drop-down menu will appear.
Select the location of where you want your page number to appear in your document—top of the page, bottom of the page, or margins.
For this example, we'll select "Bottom of Page."
5. Another drop-down menu will appear with different page number formats.
Select the format that you want and click "OK."
Your page numbers will now appear in your document in the location that you selected.
Adding Page Numbers is Easy!
If you ever need to move your page numbers to a different location in your document, simply repeat steps 2-6 and select a different location from the first drop-down menu.
- Adding page numbers to your Microsoft Word document is a quick and easy way to keep track of where you are in the document, especially if it's a long one.
- Just follow the steps outlined above and you'll have page numbers added in no time!
Need help writing your family memoir?
Download the FREE GUIDE below that'll outline 5 easy steps to get you started.
Grab the FREE GUIDE
5 Steps to Publishing Your Family History... in the shortest possible time!