How to Crop an Image in Microsoft Word
In this quick and easy guide, I'll show you how to crop an image using Microsoft Word.
I'll also provide some tips on troubleshooting common issues that users experience when cropping images.
Why Family Historians Write
There are many reasons why family historians, like myself, feel compelled to write and publish our family history.
- For me, it gives me a sense of identity and belonging, connects me with my ancestors, and preserves my family's story for future generations.
- If you'd like to document your family's history too, then here is one element in Microsoft Word that you should know as well.
It's the Cropping Tool.
I included over 200 images in my first book and I had to use the cropping tool often because many of my images took up too much space on the page.
Here's How to Crop An Image Using Microsoft Word
The first thing you'll need to do is open the image you want to crop.
- To do this, go to the "Insert" tab and click on the "Picture" button.
- Select the image you want to insert and then click "Insert."
- Once the image is inserted, you'll need to select it.
- To do so, simply "click" on the image once.
- After it's selected, a small toolbar will appear just above it.
- The toolbar will have a number of options, but the one you're looking for is labeled "Picture Format."
- Click on this button, and then Click on "Crop Image".
Use your mouse to adjust the portion of the image that you want to keep.
Anything outside of the cropped area will be automatically deleted.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
If you're having trouble cropping your image, there are a few things you can try.
- First, make sure that the "Picture Tools" tab is open.
- If it's not, simply click on your image and it should open automatically.
- If it still doesn't appear, try restarting the program.
- Another thing you can try is double-clicking on your image, instead of selecting the "Crop" button from the toolbar.
This should open up a new window with a number of different cropping options.
Simply select the option that best suits your needs and then click "OK."
If you're still having trouble Cropping your image, feel free to reach out to the customer support team for assistance.
Cropping an Image is Easy
Cropping an image in Microsoft Word is a quick and easy process that anyone can do with just a few clicks of their mouse.
Again, simply open up the image you want to crop, select it, and then click on the "Crop" button located in the toolbar above your image.
Writing a Family Memoir is Fun
Writing your family history is a fun and rewarding way to connect with your ancestors and preserve their stories.
So, what are you waiting for?
It’s time to start writing!
Download my FREE GUIDE below to help you get started!
Grab the FREE GUIDE
5 Steps to Publishing Your Family History... in the shortest possible time!