I know publishing your family history can be OVERWHELMING ...
But do you realize that if you don't make an intentional effort to permanently preserve your stories, all your research may be LOST over time?
Perhaps you think of yourself as more of a researcher than a writer, but, if you really want to share the stories of the past, with those in the future, ... you must take the next step.
If you have lots of research notes, documents, and pictures...
Then, NOW is the time to turn your piles into a publication!
'PILES OF FILES TO PUBLISHED'
The only online course of its kind designed for family historians to publish their family memoir privately ... or on amazon!
I designed this program for ...
- The family historian who has been researching their family history for years and has accumulated lots of material; notes, documents, and photographs and has begun writing the accompanying stories.
- The memoir writer who wants to publish their first book and has no idea of the intricacies of using amazon's KDP program.
- The non-fiction writer who wants to be more proficient at using Microsoft Word®.
- Everyone from the family history hobbyist to the genealogist who wants to leave a lasting legacy now, not later.
- What better way to "WOW" your family than being able to compile all your research for them into one publication?
✨ I want you to know that publishing your first book is 100% possible for you!
✨ And I know that, because I’ve been exactly where you are now.
✨ That's why I created a proven system to help YOU, 'the Researcher,' 'the Keeper of the Family's History', achieve something you want more than anything.
In Module One, you will discover the magic of Microsoft Word!
- How to work with the Word template provided
- How to edit the Table of Contents
- How to add Drop Caps to your opening chapters and so much more!
At the end of this module, you will have made incredible progress because of the pre-formated template ...even before you've written any of the chapters!
In Module Two, you'll create a mock-up of your book cover using Canva®!
- How to create a compelling title
- How to add a subtitle that supports your title using keywords
- How to chose the best image for your cover
This module alone includes tips that most people miss! Get ready to be amazed when you see your book come to life!
Module Three is all about writing your chapters!
- How to use designated apps to make your story more powerful
- How to bring your ancestors story to life using creative nonfiction techniques when you're missing parts of their history
- How to include family group sheets, pedigree charts, and history timelines to make your story compelling
If you want to write your family's stories, you have to start so you can feel confident in your skills. At the end of this module, you''ll be amazed at how far you've come with guidance!
Module Four is all about editing and refining your manuscript!
- How to choose the best stories to include
- How to write the Blurb for the back cover
- The importance of enlisting a professional editor before publishing and where to find one
At the end of this module, you will have developed your writing style and refined the process with bite-sized lessons.
In Module Five, you will learn about amazon's KDP program.
How to set up your account
How to order an ISBN Number
How to use a note-taking app to 'flip' through the pages of your book before it's published
Get ready for a flood of emotions when you see your book take shape! It's so encouraging.
In Module Six, you'll learn how to promote your book!
- How to find and order promotional material, like t-shirts, posters and giveaways, even if they're just for family and friends
- VIP's will learn how to edit their FREE author website template included with the program to introduce their new book
- How to get your book listed in local stores
✨ Get ready to launch your book into the world. You're going to have so much fun with this module!
Included in this program is a pre-styled Microsoft Word ™ template that will SHORTEN your publication time... Instantly! 🔎
- The FRONT MATTER with the perfect sans serif font
- A COPYRIGHT PAGE
- An INTRODUCTION with suggested word count
- A TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Stylized CHAPTER headings
- A BIBLIOGRAPHY
- An ABOUT THE AUTHOR page, and
- An A-Z INDEX that's pre-configured for you and SO MUCH MORE!
- Even the CITATIONS are set up in the correct genealogical style!
- YOU"LL SAVE SO MUCH TIME & MENTAL ENERGY!
(Because there's no need to start from a blank page!)
Simply fill in the sections and you're almost there.
You won't believe how EASY this is! 👀
... when you begin this program ...
Imagine, how it will feel when ...
✔️ You're deeply moved by a sense of pride for persevering through the writing and publishing process.
✔️ You hold a finished copy of your book for the very first time. 💖
✔️ You realize the impact of the contribution you've made to your family.
Your book will be one of the most personally rewarding accomplishments you'll ever undertake,... and a cherished possession, the perfect gift to share with your loved ones. 📚
A Personal 30-Minute Session with Valerie
This get-to-know-you interview, is the perfect opportunity to ask questions and get feedback on your book idea.